Fresh Mommy

Thursday, September 28, 2006

I Can't Even Come Up with a Title

I've got Blogger's Block.

Can't think of a thing to say. Actually, that's not true. I can think of about 10 different things to write about but can't get past sentence number two on any of them.

Tried writing about my crazy family that recently came and went and came and went and came and went through my house. Here's the synopsis: Crazy sister-in-law #1 has me frying bacon at 6:30 am for my nephew. Frozen! From the freezer! If I had planned on cooking it, I'd have taken it out of the freezer. "Oh, bacon! Aunt Christine will make you some!" Really? I will? Can't he eat a waffle and just be done with it? Oh, that's petty, I know, he's my nephew for crissakes. But then she gave him a potato from a bowl of chowder (gave him as in, put in his hand) and watched while he rubbed chowder all over my freshly painted walls. Crazy sister-in-law #2 is just dark and angry, and we tiptoe around her lest she start yelling at us, too. And my father-in-law has forgotten that my daughter has a nut allergy and decided to bring us homemade banana nut bread and oatmeal raisin cookies (hockey pucks, if you ask me) with walnuts. They went right into the garbage (and weighed it down considerably I might add).

But I can't write a thing. The words don't come and, quite frankly, I'm not finding the time. A friend gave me a little side work. A one time deal that I'm thrilled about, because, hey, I can use the money, but I need to do it during FreshGirl's naptime, and so I'm behind on blogging and reading, and commenting. I have to say I'm really impressed with the all you Bloggeristas out there who have kids (more than one!) and jobs and households to run and who manage to blog on a regular basis. Sigh. Time management is not my forte.

So one of these days, I'll have something to say. Coherently, I hope.

But for now, it's naptime, and I better get to work.

3 Comments:

Blogger MommyWithAttitude said...

Well you still make me laugh... I can't write anything either... I've had to resort to just linking to funny things that OTHER people wrote today.

1:40 AM  
Blogger mad muthas said...

don't be taken in - speaking personally, it's perfectly possible to keep blogging is you're prepared to be terribly slack at something else. with me, it's ironing ...

5:20 PM  
Blogger KellyF said...

I feel this way all the time, too! I just chalk it up to my boring life sometimes!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home